Hey guys! Last night, I was nominated for the Liebster award and thought I’d share it with you as a way to connect and introduce you to other blogs. I am honored to have been chosen and incredibly humbled that people have been enjoying my posts. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
I was nominated by Scribbled to Paper. A loyal follower and active blogger who writes tremendously and passionately on a large number of subjects. He posts photography, and has recently started a daily journal, where he updates his followers on his life and latest happenings. Give him a follow! He is excellent at encouragement, feedback, and all around just a nice guy to chat with. His compelling poetry will have you eager to visit his page daily.
Questions chosen by Scribbled to Paper for me to answer!
- What emotion do you convey the most in your writing? Loneliness. It sounds sad, I know. But if I didn’t put that emotion to good use (aka writing about it) I’m not sure how else I would handle it. I use it as fuel for my writing.
- What emotion do you want to feel the most when reading someone else writing? Lightheartedness. There’s nothing like an easy, airy, delicate read to make you feel alright.
- Would you prefer a poem that is more eloquent in words or more expressive in emotion? Expressive in emotion. Poems are all about “show not tell.” I’d rather the words make me feel something, and not just sound nice.
- Do you set a goal for how often you post? Yes. I try to post daily.
- Where do you write the most? At my kitchen table.
- What time do you write the most? In the mornings.
- Do you write spur of the moment or do you spend long periods of time writing or editing a post? Usually spur of the moment, but I’ll think about some posts far in advance and work on them for longer than usual.
- What do you drink first thing in the morning? Water… and then coffee.
- What moments or situations in life can bring you back to an important memory? I’m mostly inspired by the people I meet; so, my important memories usually involve a person. When I remember and/or think about somebody, immediately I’m transported back to a certain time in my life.
- What is one of your favorite comfort foods? Mac n’ Cheese!
Now for you guys:
What is one thing most people do not know about you?
What is one piece of work or blog post you are extremely proud? Why?
What is your favorite film?
How many years have you been writing? What year was most inspiring? Why?
What is your dream career? What is the first step in achieving that dream?
Who or what inspires you the most?
If you could write a 20 page paper on any OBJECT what would it be?
Do you prefer coffee or tea?
What is your favorite photo that you’ve taken? Post it!
How do you spend your free time when you’re not writing?
Ten random facts about myself:
- I have two older brothers.
- I am from NY but went to college in MD.
- I hate candy. Chocolate only!
- My friends call me KT
- A lot of my family lives in Sweden.
- I’m a Taurus.
- I’m really into makeup.
- My favorite films are by Hayao Miyazaki
- I’ve always wanted to have a book of short stories published.
- When I get my own apartment, I want to own a black and white cat and call him ‘Sushi Cat.’
I now nominate the following blogs:
Beginning with one of my favorites:
She writes excellent fiction, poetry, and provides her readers with great writing tips. I highly suggest you check her out. I’ve only chatted with her a few times, but she undoubtedly brings love and encouragement to the writing community. She’s been writing a short story called Blind Sided (as well as others) that she updates or adds a page to frequently, and it’s absolutely brilliant, thought-provoking, and attention grabbing. Her blog is filled with variety. Aside from her written works, she also posts comic strips and comedy pieces. She is a well-deserved, self-published eBook novelist, and (more importantly) an avid cat lover! In my previous questionnaire, I said I enjoyed reading lighthearted pieces, and Phyllis’ work is the perfect example of that very word. She has all her social media links posted to her site, in case you want to follow her on more than one platform. Visit her blog and leave a comment!
Other blogs I would like to nominate:
Here’s the rules, now that you’re nominated!
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you).
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine (Jack Henry) if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!) Post a comment in the comments below (on the website https://theglobalaussie.com/blog/liebster-award-2017/ ) so I (Jack Henry) can view your post and check out your blog. I (Jack Henry) personally visit each and everyone.I (Jack Henry) visited a few hundred last year!!!